Automating Workflows with Airtable and Cloudflare Workers
Guest blog post on Cloudflare’s blog about how I automated shipping triage using Airtable, Cloudflare Workers, Shopify, and ShipStation.
Automated USDA Collection and Restructuring
The USDA provides daily livestock pricing information as downloadable .csv files. Automated transforming 800+ daily generated .csv files into a single CSV and made available through an API using Cloudflare Workers, Workers KV, and Replit. Allows querying the data via spreadsheet or other means.
Shopify Automated Order Tagging
Used Cloudflare Workers and Replit to automate order tagging for orders with delivery dates selected to improve order triage process.
Implementing Company Dashboard using Stream Deck
Freezer Temperature on a Stream Deck Button: Used Cloudflare Workers to access the internal API used by the freezer to provide the freezer temperature on multiple Stream Decks (in multiple locations) without causing unreasonable requests to the API by using the Workers Cache API.
Shopify Stream Deck integration using Cloudflare Workers: streamlined tracking business-critical stats such as unfulfilled orders and inventory levels by implementing a Cloudflare Workers API to retrieve, format, and cache information for display on a Stream Deck.
Automating Desktop apps with AutoHotKey and a Stream Deck: Used a Stream Deck combined with PowerShell, Stream Deck plugins, and AutoHotKey to automate basic everyday manual tasks such as scanning paperwork improving speed by at least 5x.
Social Media Presence Tracking through Discord
Employed Replit and Python to send social media comments from the website to a Discord channel and display the number of social media followers as the follower count on a Discord Voice Channel.
Worked on the Repl.new service for Replit
- Improved the repl.new service for Replit that allows users to quickly begin coding in the language of their choice by typing repl.new/py, for example. Also built the help page at repl.new/help.
- Originally created in mid-2020 for fun with a goal to learn how to make an API.
▪ Site now receives 20k requests per day, has generated 137M UUIDs, and supports 5 ID formats and is used by multi-million dollar companies.
Personal Screenshot Hosting
- Created i.uuid.rocks as a personal screenshot hosting service using PowerShell for content management, Cloudflare Workers for caching, and DigitalOcean Spaces for storage.
Deadbolt Lock Status on Stream Deck
- Used IOT camera to watch deadbolt lock on front door.
- Reverse-engineered the Android app and figured out how their internal API worked (authentication, triggering image capture, and retrieving the captured image.) Using a combination of Cloudflare Workers, Workers KV, and Replit, my Stream Deck now shows an image showing a cropped version of the deadbolt along with the timestamp of when it was captured.
Credit Card Balances on Stream Deck
- Used Replit and Cloudflare Workers to add credit card balances to Stream Deck buttons to make them easier to track.
Discord Bot for monitoring active users on personal Minecraft server
- Created a Discord bot to actively monitor active users on server. Checking active users would otherwise take 10 minutes due to Minecraft modpack load time.
- Created a site that allows users to upload Factorio save files and have it rendered into a Google Map-style map. Motivation was due to Factorio not having a way to effectively record the magnitude of game saves.